Military Branch: United States Army
Build Completion: March 2015
United States Army Sergeant First Class Cory Remsburg was injured October 1, 2009, when his platoon hit a roadside bomb in Afghanistan during his 10th deployment to the Middle East. Remsburg suffered a penetrating head wound with shrapnel lodged in his brain, sending him into a coma for over three years. After undergoing dozens of surgeries and years of rehabilitation, Remsburg has made a miraculous recovery; however, he is still blind in his right eye and partially paralyzed on his left side.
After hearing of his incredible story, Jared Allen’s Homes for Wounded Warriors teamed up with The Army Ranger Lead the Way Fund to purchase and remodel a home designed specifically with his injuries in mind. In March of 2014, thanks to the hard work of many incredible supporters and sponsors, we were able give Cory the keys to his new 100-percent accessible, mortgage-free home. The home, which includes a wheel in pool for Cory’s rehab, a therapeutic spa as well as a guest home for his caregiver, helps to remove an element of stress so that Cory can focus on his recovery.
Since receiving his home Remsburg has made amazing strides in his quest for independence. Recently he competed at both the Valor Games and the DoD Warrior Games and earned 6 medals. Even after his injury Cory Remsburg continues to ‘lead the way
MESSAGES FROM SUPPORTERS
- Yvonneon December 24, 2021, 4:38 pmThank you so much, Army Ranger Remsburg, for your service and your strength and your being such a light. Bless you!
- Sueon October 4, 2021, 11:21 pmCory you are the definition of GRIT! So much respect for you and so deeply appreciate everything you did to put yourself in Harms way to keep the rest of us safe!
- Nancy Rossion October 1, 2021, 2:51 pmCannot believe it’s been 12 years already. So proud to have been part of this project and this organization. I love following you and your huge strides you continue to make. You are quite the man Cory❤️🇺🇸
- Nancy and Garyon January 14, 2021, 7:56 pmGod Bless you and thank you for your service. We are a safer world because of you
- Renee Andersonon November 12, 2020, 3:07 amCory, You continue to lead the way and represent the very best qualities of humanity. You are determined and you never quit. God bless you, Cory! RLTW
- Sandie Proskeon November 12, 2020, 12:56 amThank you for your service, Cory!
- Kelly Gradyon October 2, 2020, 8:37 pmCory, you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
- Travis Bellon October 2, 2020, 1:31 amThank you for your service and the sacrifice you made for this country. God Bless.
- Lanceon October 2, 2020, 12:50 amRespect.
- J Allenon October 2, 2020, 12:10 amThank you so very much for your service and sacrifice. Your strength is evident in all you have done and will do in the years to come. God bless you!
- Jeff Lorentzon October 1, 2020, 9:56 pmThank you so much for your service Cory. Your sacrifices are greatly appreciated and happy that you are back home with your family.
- John Pecinichon October 1, 2020, 9:15 pmRangers never quit and you're living proof. There ain't nothin' you can't do. I truly believe this because I saw you when.
- Michelle Chadwickon October 1, 2020, 8:58 pmThank you Cory for your service and sacrifice. Your strength through adversity is inspiring.
- John A Vanpelton August 26, 2020, 2:36 amCory I thank you for your service. Your dedication, and your sacrifice for America. Want to express my gratitude for all Americans that have no idea, What you gave up for them. You are a patriot to the American people. I am Amber vanpelts husband . I thank you, and your family for your continued dedication to her and your trust in her .
Your comment is awaiting moderation from the website administrator.
Any amount will help make a house, a home.
Army Ranger Cory Remsburg lives life to the fullest and does not quit | SC Featured Tom Rinaldi chronicles the journey of wounded Army Ranger Cory Remsburg, who will be competing in the Warrior Games after earning the respect of former President Barack Obama.
The Story of Sergeant First Class Cory Remsburg & President Obama
WOUNDED ARMY RANGER CORY REMSBURG PROFILE
Pamela Brown talks to wounded veteran Cory Remsburg the soldier profiled in the President’s State of the Union address.
Pro Football Hall Of Fame Honor Cory Remsburg
The Pro Football Hall of Fame has a long standing relationship with honoring the men and woman who serve over country, in uniform. This past Friday, the Hall paid homage to Army Ranger Sergeant First Class Cory Remsburg and his family.