Military Branch: United States Army
Location: North Carolina
Build Completion: March 7th, 2023
Jared Allen’s Home for Wounded is overjoyed to announce a new home recipient, Staff Sergeant Chris Burrell.
As an Army military policeman, SSG Burrell was leaving on a mission to support Iraqi police that day when, just 350 meters outside the wire, three explosively formed penetrators destroyed his vehicle, took his left leg above the knee, severely damaged his right leg and left him with a traumatic brain injury.
Before being medically evacuated he called his then five-year old-daughter and bravely, he told her “Daddy had a boo-boo.”
After surviving his alive day, the Burrell wasn’t willing to accept the medical discharge that was nearly an inevitability based on his severe wounds. He immersed himself in his rehabilitation and despite the odds stacked against him, fought to stay on active duty. In the summer of 2010, through sheer will and determination, he got his wish and returned to Fort Bragg to continue his military career.
There he serves today and manages his brigade’s canine program, overseeing an operation that includes 112 military working dogs. In Spring of 2021, he will reach his amazing goal of serving through his retirement in the Army. He is very focused on transitioning in a way that will bring stability for his future.
After receiving the call from Executive Director, Alex Karalexis and Jared Allen SSG Burrell said this “I’m in shock. I broke down into tears after that call. Besides my daughter’s birth, this is the greatest thing to ever happen. I just feel so fortunate.”
Please join us in thanking SSG Burrell for his service and sacrifice by signing his guest book below. To donate to his build go to https://support.jah4ww.com/give
THANK YOU to all our donors and partners that allow to continue to serve those serve us! If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for the SSG Burrell home, email [email protected] for more information.
MESSAGES FROM SUPPORTERS
- Douglas Burrellon April 26, 2023, 5:43 pmGod bless you and yours, Chris! Thankyou for your service and enjoy your retirement its awesome. Btw, my son, SSG Chase Burrell, USMC currently serves. I guess somehow we're related, lol.
- Rewindon March 24, 2023, 7:56 pmYou are one of the most deserving persons I know and so happy you were chosen for this great honor. You have served unconditionally and you will be blessed for years to come. Glad to call you my friend.
- James Bullardon March 17, 2023, 12:06 amSSG Burrell, First I want to thank you for your love and dedication to our country, and our wonderful Army. You are a truly remarkable NCO, and the strongest I have ever seen! God bless you, and may he be with you as you continue through each day of life.
- Abigail Riddickon March 14, 2023, 11:09 pmChris, I am so grateful you are here today and for all your sacrifices! Congratulations on your beautiful home, I love you!
- Debbie Burrellon March 6, 2023, 1:38 amSon, thank you for your service, sacrifice and dedication to our country. You will always be my #1 Hero.
- Tamatha Popeon March 5, 2023, 3:27 amMiraculous. What a beautiful milestone for a true American Hero. I’m so proud to know you. So happy for your future. Love Always, Chris.
- Kenten Sixtaon October 26, 2021, 12:14 pmThank you for your service Bud, enjoy your well deserved home!
- Crystal Clewison October 25, 2021, 7:50 pmThank you for your service and dedication. I'm proud of you! I have followed your journey since high school and you are more than deserving of this.
- David Johnstonon January 1, 2021, 6:27 pmThank you for you selfless service to our great nation! You are a warrior.
Your comment is awaiting moderation from the website administrator.
Any amount will help make a house, a home.
SSG Chris Burrell Key Ceremony
The unexpected phone call that will change SSG Burrell’s life
Just in time to celebrate the SSG Burrell’s 13th Alive Day, JAH4WW calls him with big news.