Military Branch: United States Army
Build Completion: Current Build
Bobby was born in an army hospital into a military family. The early years of his life were fraught with trauma, which led to Bobby and his sister to spending their pre-teen/teen years in a military orphanage. After graduating High School, he was accepted to Ferris State University where he studied Criminal Justice and played on the school’s rugby team.
Following the attacks on 9/11, Bobby was compelled to serve his country and joined the United States Army. In July of 2005 his unit was deployed to Habbiniyah, Iraq where he participated in grueling daily missions for 17 – 20 hours as an infantry soldier. While on a routine mission on February 12, 2006, his Humvee was stuck by a roadside bomb, blowing the door directly into his body. Bobby was medically evacuated stateside where he spent the next year rehabbing his left shoulder and undergoing 18 surgical procedures to save his leg.
Unfortunately, his body rejected the foreign materials and Bobby and was forced to make the arduous decision to move forward with an above the knee amputation of his left leg. On September 9, 2013 he was admitted to an amputee clinic where he was expected to spend three to five months in recovery and rehabilitation, his tenacity and determination allowed Bobby to walk out of the clinic, with a new prosthetic leg, after only seven weeks.
With the help of his wife Erin and his children, Bobby continues to fight and make amazing strides. Bobby is a certified peer support specialist, counseling other veterans and amputees with PTSD to help them overcome their obstacles. As part of his treatment, Bobby turned to the gym and found his new calling on the powerlifting platform, earning five national and two world records.
Bobby and his family currently live in Michigan in a home where stairs are dangerous obstacles, showering is a perilous task, and the absence of handicap accessible features can lead to further injuries and daily difficulties.
Jared Allen’s Homes for Wounded Warriors is honored to collaborate with our national partners to design and build a 100% accessible, mortgage-free home that will ease the Body families’ daily challenges and allow Bobby to feel safe and secure.
MESSAGES FROM SUPPORTERS
- Mollyon July 7, 2021, 3:02 amThank you for your brave service for this country the United States of America🙏🏽
- Mollyon July 7, 2021, 3:00 amThank you for your brave service❤️🙏🏽. You have an amazing family🥰
- Denae Lewison June 25, 2021, 1:31 pmGood morning Sir, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! YOU ARE A HERO & YOUR STORY IS INSPIRING TO ME! I’ve been training for this fitness competition with HERs Magazine and I’m featuring your story on my Facebook to help get “WARRIOR VOTES” to assist with getting donations to build your NEW home!! IM WORKING HARD IT!! IM EXCITED THAT THESE DONATIONS GO TO OUR VETERANS TOO!!
- Jan Hendrixon April 21, 2021, 4:06 amThank you for your service and sacrifice. You are truly a hero...
- Anita Pepperon April 19, 2021, 8:14 amBobby, you are an inspiration to us all, and I am so glad for the wonderful things that have happened in your life (especially my friend Erin!). I hope the new home is completed soon and you and your family are able to move in. Wishing you all good things in your future.
- Joe Meadowson April 17, 2021, 10:46 pmThank you for your service and dedication to continue the fight. You always have a smile on your face. Col Joe Meadows
- Wendy Cairellion April 17, 2021, 10:08 pmVery proud to call you nephew-in-law! Hope to meet soon in person. Thank you for your service ❤ " Aunt Dee"
- Tuan Nguyenon April 16, 2021, 3:57 pmI am looking forward to being a part of designing your new home! Thank you for your service!
- George P Hunteron February 14, 2021, 3:23 pmBobby, I'm extremely grateful for your sacrifice and service, and very impressed with your determination and will to persevere!! The world needs more Bobby Body's. Thank you Bobby!!
- Aunt Wendy Hook Cairellion February 13, 2021, 2:35 pmThank you! I love you and I haven't even met you yet, Nephew-in-law! I'm so proud of you and my niece, Erin❤
- Skip Spenceron February 7, 2021, 6:47 pmHey Bobby, hope all is well! I didn't know you are a fellow Bukldog! We look forward to seeing you and Erin at a meet before too long! Skip Spencer
- Robert Ortizon September 29, 2020, 11:04 pmThank you Bobby for your service to your country and for all the ways you help so many others! You are truly an inspiration! Best wishes & endless blessings to you always!
- Jordan L.on August 20, 2020, 8:45 pmThank you for your service!
- Kelly Gradyon August 20, 2020, 8:11 pmBobby, it was such a pleasure meeting you via Zoom and hearing a little about your story. Thank you so much for your service and for being such an inspiration.
- Cheryl Raymondon August 17, 2020, 12:35 amWe miss you at our Silver Sneakers. 😳 I know you are working hard at getting back in the groove. God bless you and may this time pass quickly for you. Sincerely,
- June Blackon August 16, 2020, 5:52 pmCONGRATULATIONS BOBBY. WELL DESERVED HONOR
- Ruth Anm Martinon August 16, 2020, 5:42 pmBobby. You are an inspiration to everyone! Your dedication to your country is outstanding. So happy to read that you are going into social work. You will continue to make a difference in many lives. God bless you and your family. Hope to see you visiting Silversneakers again soon.
- Jessica Con August 16, 2020, 5:39 pmSo proud of you Bobby and grateful for all you have done. Keep up the great work 👍
- Debra leavitton August 13, 2020, 3:15 amThank you.. You are an inspiration.❤
- Jan Giordano’son August 11, 2020, 12:21 amThank you for your service and sacrifice. What a wonderful gift for you and your family. Harrisville is a great town!
- Jeri Moynihanon August 10, 2020, 10:56 pmI'm sorry we never got to meet you but we knew of you from Howard Savage. Vic and I were Howard and Larry's houseparents in the early 90s. We're happy that you're getting this home. Thank you for your service to our country, and for everything your doing now to help others.
- PDC Jo Linda Cutleron August 10, 2020, 9:28 pmBobby you are an inspiration for me and many others. Keep up the great work.
- Chris & Mary Clarkon August 10, 2020, 4:20 pmBobby, we are soooo glad you survived this horrible ordeal, and so very proud of you! Thank you for your service, we love you buddy (and thank you for making Erin the happiest woman alive, you guys are a pure blessing to each other)
- Jenn Gonzaleson August 10, 2020, 3:50 pmThank you for everything you have done and continue to do. Your service and your sacrifice was above amazing but many don’t know how you encourage others at the gym here at home also. You’re an amazing man and I am proud to call you my friend.
- Sue Woodardon August 10, 2020, 12:18 pmAwesome news Bobby. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do in service for our country. What a difference you are making!
- kerry lynon August 10, 2020, 11:18 amLove you guys!
- Howard Reparejoon August 10, 2020, 3:50 amYou are an inspiration. Tank you for your service my friend.
- John Hickson August 10, 2020, 1:45 amBobby and I grew up together, I am so proud of him well deserved brother.
- Suzanne Offereinson August 10, 2020, 1:14 amThank you for you for your service. No words can express the gratitude I feel towards you and your family. God bless you!
- Todd Smithon August 2, 2020, 9:19 amThank you for your service. I admire your courage, sir.
- Glendal Frenchon July 30, 2020, 4:44 pmGod bless you and thank you for your service.
Your comment is awaiting moderation from the website administrator.
Any amount will help make a house, a home.
GFA 2015 – Bobby Body – Veteran of the Year
Bobby Body’s commitment to serve his country resulted in tours of duty with both the Marines and the Army.
DAV’s 2016 Outstanding Disabled Veteran of the Year – Bobby Body
DAV has named Bobby Body, a combat-injured, single-amputee veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, as its 2016 Outstanding Disabled Veteran of the Year.