Military Branch: United States Army
Build Completion: September 29, 2020
While stationed in Iraq in 2007, Specialist Tingle was struck by three motor rounds causing severe injuries to his feet and ankles. Daniel has just come back from a patrol mission and was getting his vehicle serviced. The motor rounds, started hitting, and he ducked into his vehicle. When he thought there was a break he jumped out and ran to the bunker, which is when he was injured. However, it was a good call due to his vehicle being hit as well, in the second round of motor rounds that where hitting. Two on the left side, which took out the middle section of his left foot, and one on the right side which left shrapnel in his right foot, ankle, and leg.
As a result of his injuries, life-saving surgery was necessary, and SPC Tingle was immediately transported to Baghdad and then to Germany for surgeries to treat the wounds to his feet. SPC Tingle was then moved to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio for further treatment. Here, doctors attempted an experimental surgery using bone and skin from his hip and leg to rebuild his injured left foot.
After months in the hospital and in physical therapy, SPC Tingle was able to walk on his rebuilt foot. Unfortunately, this didn’t last and years later, the constant pain became too unbearable to lead a normal life. At the end of 2015 and after 26 surgeries to address the pain and broken hardware, SPC Tingle had his left foot amputated.
Most of the pain has subsided, but a new set of challenges remain as SPC Tingle lives life with his amputation. The 100% accessible home tailored to his injuries will make a significant difference, allowing him to become more independent and able to perform daily activities without the assistance of others. JAH4WW was honored to build an injury-specific, accessible, and mortgage-free home for SPC Tingle and his family and look forward to watching them celebrating milestones in their forever home.
MESSAGES FROM SUPPORTERS
- Daina Anderson Sharpleson October 6, 2021, 7:35 pmThank you and your family for your service! I am truly grateful.
- Staceyon January 8, 2021, 2:49 amThank you and God bless you and your family!
- Heather Boxrudon January 7, 2021, 9:09 pmI just want to say thank you for your service. Without people like you I would not be able to be getting my schooling completed at the pace I want to and live my life my way. You are truly an American treasure.
- Suzy Schneider, NCPGA Programs Manageron November 24, 2020, 11:15 pmWhat a beautiful family you have! I hope you find a special spot in the garage for your golf clubs! LOL. Save space for more clubs as we hope your kids get into golf too! We were honored to have you in the PGA HOPE program at Sierra Sage. All of us back at the NCPGA Foundation office are very happy for you. God bless you & your family for many years to come in your new home!
- James Wasilchukon November 13, 2020, 5:01 pmProud of you brother. Thank you for all that you have done for our great country. Your sacrifice is the light of hope some of us need. You deserve this, and I hope you know how much you are appreciated! Hope to see you soon and catch up.
- Tom & Sabrinaon November 12, 2020, 3:18 pmThank you for your service and sacrifice to maintain our freedom Enjoy your beautiful home!
- Lynzie Rueckeron November 12, 2020, 5:06 amYou and your family deserve the best my fried! Congratulations and thank you for all you have sacrificed .
- Sarah Lewison November 12, 2020, 4:30 amThank you for your service, and congratulations on your well deserved new home!
- David Tingleon November 12, 2020, 3:29 amThank you Danny boy. I love you, and I am proud of you. May God bless you, Megan, and the kids in your new beautiful home. Big thanks to Jared Allen, Southwest Carpenters Local 971, Pellett Construction, and everyone else who gave so much for Daniel. This is quite a humbling and inspirational gesture. God bless all of you and God bless our veterans.
- The Baileyson November 12, 2020, 2:54 amDaniel, thank you so much for your service. You have been a wonderful friend since we've met you and you deserve this house and so much more. See you next summer at Topaz! Say hello to Megan for us!
- Jacob Paizon November 12, 2020, 2:26 amThank you for your service and sacrifices! Not just to you, but to your family, aswell as all your brothers and sisters that have put their lives on the line for me and my family and friends. I fly my American flag proudly in your name! Proud to call you ky friend and brother!
- Amanda Running Wolfon November 12, 2020, 2:04 amThank you to my amazing cousin for your incredible service!! I am so so proud of you and every sacrifice you have made for me, our family, our town, and most importantly, our country!!! I love you very very much and couldn't think of anyone more deserving!!! ??
- Tile Alliance Incon November 12, 2020, 1:48 amTile Alliance thanks you for your service and sacrifice. Hope you enjoy the tile in your new home. Welcome home Sgt!
- Michael Beanon November 12, 2020, 1:46 amHappy Veterans Day. Congratulations on your new home, you earned it. Best wishes for you and your family s as we move into this holiday season. Stay safe. All our love Silvia and Michael Bean
- Cathy Whiteon November 12, 2020, 1:33 amCongratulations on your new home SPC Tingle, may you & your family enjoy it for many, many years to come. Thank you so very much for your service sir.
- Bruceon November 12, 2020, 1:21 amThanks for your service and Sacrifice brother.
- Shirley Cortezon October 22, 2020, 5:44 pm“Thank You “ Daniel for your service, we love our VETERANS! We “Thank” your family too. As a family member who experienced loved ones in The Vietnam War and did not return home, I know hardships of those who returned. We also have a grandson in the Army. We honor you and all military men and women who serve our nation and all of us citizens!! You and all veterans are in our daily prayers! Shirley & Phil Cortez
- Carl Smithon October 16, 2020, 4:44 amThank you for your sacrifice and service.
- Tom and Debbie Paxson, Gardnervilleon October 11, 2020, 11:21 pmThank You for your service...Welcome to the neighborhood in Minden and we truly hope your home makes your life much more "user friendly"!
- Linda Milleron October 10, 2020, 3:35 pmThank you for your service Daniel. May you and your family enjoy your new home!
- The Reno Green Landscaping Teamon October 7, 2020, 11:54 pmThank you for your service and sacrifice. Enjoy your new home!
- Kelly Gradyon October 2, 2020, 8:35 pmCongratulations on your new home and thank you for your service.
- Brenda Morrowon September 13, 2020, 7:35 pmTHANK YOU We appreciate you and your brothers and sisters in arms. You all are the heartbeat of America ?? God bless you and your family.
- Brenda Morrowon September 13, 2020, 7:34 pmWe appreciate you and your brothers and sisters in arms. You all are the heartbeat of America ?? God bless you and your family.
- Karen Leeon September 2, 2020, 11:38 pmThank you for your service! I hope you love your home. I am forever grateful for our military and the service to our Country.
Your comment is awaiting moderation from the website administrator.
Any amount will help make a house, a home.
Daniel Tingle Ground Breaking Ceremony
Daniel Tingle Ground Breaking Ceremony