Military Branch: United States Army
Location: New Hampshire
Build Completion: May 2019
U.S. Army Sergeant Tom Block graduated high school from Waseca High School in Waseca, MN in 2005. He attended Minnesota State University at Mankato where he wrestled for 4 years and had the pleasure of meeting Jared while attending his training camp. Shortly after his wrestling career, he joined the army as a Ranger with the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, where he was severely wounded by an improvised explosive device (IED) suicide vest while on his fourth combat rotation on October 6, 2013. Block was part of a joint task force that prevented a high-profile suicide bombing attack in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. Block was injured when the bomber detonated herself approximately 10ft from the assault force.
Sgt. Block lost his right eye and most of his vision in the other, in addition to withstanding severe leg injuries and shrapnel wounds across his body as because of the explosion. He has undergone approximately 15 surgeries, but despite his injuries, he has remained upbeat and undeterred, enduring grueling recovery and rehabilitation to defy doctors’ expectations. He still has quite a few surgeries to go, but thanks to his determination and positive attitude, the Army Times named him Solider of the Year in 2014, citing his perseverance and ability to motivate others as key factors in the decision.
Jared Allen’s Homes for Wounded Warriors is proud to team up with the Army Ranger Lead the Way Fund and the United Brotherhood of Carpenters to provide Sgt. Block with a 100-percent accessible home, built specifically for Sgt. Block’s needs.
MESSAGES FROM SUPPORTERS
- Marty Glennonon August 29, 2022, 2:07 amAmazing individual. Hears his story at Crystal Springs NYCDCC Golf Outing. He has an incredible perspective on life and his near death experience. All the best brother!
- Megan Blockon October 14, 2021, 1:06 pmThank you for all you do and continuing to keep on keepin’ on. We love you!
- Jennifer Ebertowskion October 12, 2021, 2:33 amThank you!!
- Daniel Ruxon October 12, 2021, 12:08 amYou inspire everyone without any words Congrats Tom!
- Jackie (LaMont) Tiegson October 11, 2021, 9:50 amThank you for your service and sacrifices from your hometown of Waseca.
- Barb Kunzon October 10, 2021, 11:43 pmTom—you are amazing!! Thanks for your sacrifices and defending our freedoms!
- Jillon October 10, 2021, 10:04 pmThank you for you service and you and your family’s sacrifice for all of us! May God bless you!
- Corrinne Elyon October 10, 2021, 7:19 pmHappy Alive Day Tom! Thank you for your service to our country and your positive attitude to keep on keeping on! Sending hugs from Cleveland, Minnesota!
- Alyssa Spieson October 10, 2021, 7:02 pmThank you for your service Tom!
- John and Sandy Madsenon October 10, 2021, 5:16 pmYou are a true inspiration, much Love from Waseca?
- Dawn Quiramon October 10, 2021, 3:16 pmHappy Alive Day Tom. You lived just down the road from us in Waseca, we didn't follow your wrestling journey after high school but have been following your life journey. Thank you for your service! We are proud to say we are your neighbors!
- Monica Lee Schutropon October 10, 2021, 2:32 pmSo many thanks for your dedication and sacrifices to our great country. You are the real meaning of a superhero! Sending you extra hugs and love from Southern Minnesota to you and your family.
- Danny Rosenthalon October 10, 2021, 2:29 pmGod Bless you Tom and your family. You are an American hero!! Take care and keep up your hard work!
- Cathy & Devin Hoyon October 10, 2021, 1:54 pmThank you for your Service.. God Bless
- Rhonda Conrathon October 10, 2021, 1:05 pmYou are not only a hero but are an inspiration to all; God bless you and your family in your new, well deserved home❤️
- Carol Ann & Don Baumanon October 10, 2021, 4:21 amGod bless you and your family and thank you for your service. We need more young people like you!
- DrKaye Caseon October 10, 2021, 3:32 amAn American who cares about our constitution and gave his all to keep us free. Thanks over and over doesn’t say enough about his courage.
- Evelyn & Joe Barneson October 10, 2021, 1:06 amThank you for your service Tom! We love you!
- Rhonda and Howard Friesenon October 10, 2021, 12:31 amTom and family, thank you for your service and the sacrifice you have given. I keep up on your life with your Mom and Dad back in MN. It's exciting to see the kids growing.
- Scott O’Connellon October 10, 2021, 12:31 amYou are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for your service, your sacrifice and your tenacity.
- Darcy Barneson October 9, 2021, 10:21 pmThank you for your service. Grandpa was so proud of you! As we all are. Love you! Uncle Keith and Aunt Darcy
- Janeton October 9, 2021, 4:16 amThank you so much for your service. We are forever grateful. God bless you and your family in your new home.
- Cindyon October 8, 2021, 3:05 amThank you for your service and sacrifice. God's blessings to you and your family always.
- Dan & Carol Connoron October 7, 2021, 11:35 amThank you for your service Tom. You are an inspiration to so many! ?
- Lois Twedton October 7, 2021, 12:59 amThank you for your service. You have given much for your country!
- Randy Lackeyon October 7, 2021, 12:40 amGod bless you and your family. With God on your side you can overcome anything. Stay strong. Thank you for your service. US Army 1970-1972.
- Kristine Crumpon October 6, 2021, 11:59 pmThank you for your service. Your sacrifices mean so much to all of us. Enjoy your new home with your beautiful family!
- Jasonon October 6, 2021, 11:57 pmThank you Sgt. Block and congrats on the new home!
- Gayleen Humeon October 6, 2021, 11:20 pmThank you for your sacrifice and your service. I'd like to send you a Star from an American flag with a card of appreciation email me your address [email protected] Sincerely, Gayleen
- Stacey Bruceon October 6, 2021, 10:50 pmThank you for your service. You are a true American Hero!! May God bless you and your family.
- Daina Andersonon October 5, 2021, 6:25 pmHappy Birthday, SGT. Tom Block - Love ya, Cousin!
- Gailon October 5, 2021, 4:40 pmHappy Birthday. Thank you for your service
- Juleeon October 4, 2021, 11:41 pmThank you for your service...it's not often enough you hear that in today's world. I hope you enjoy your new home and good luck with your continued recovery!
- Vickion June 1, 2021, 4:34 pmSgt Block ... thank you for your service. Your courage and perseverance are inspiring. Bless you.
- Lewis Carteron May 30, 2021, 2:45 pmGod bless you sergeant. Missing people like you in the world, we owe you a debt we cannot repay.
- Peter F McDuffieon March 11, 2021, 10:38 pmAs a fellow veteran I love what you're doing helping the children who have been hurt by predators I am an operation enduring freedom combat veteran trying to get my disability but you have my support here in Las Vegas for what you do for these children please contact me if you can thank you.
- Dilan Hallon January 24, 2021, 7:34 amThank you for you service Sgt. You truly are an American hero and you make me proud to be an American. God bless and much love.
Your comment is awaiting moderation from the website administrator.
Any amount will help make a house, a home.
Wounded Warrior SGT Tom Block Inspires Young Armor Officers at Fort Benning
Extended Interview with Sergeant Block of Fort Benning
Tom Block’s Key Ceremony